Dosage and Warnings
For relief from heartburn and indigestion, take 10–20ml of the liquid formulation after meals and at bedtime.
If you’re using Gaviscon tablets, take 2–4 tablets after meals and at bedtime.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Contains sodium and calcium. If you have been advised to follow a diet restricted in either of these salts please consult your doctor before taking this product.
- See enclosed leaflet for further information. .
- Do not use this product after the expiry date (month/year).
- Always read the label.
- 500mg Sodium alginate (per 10 ml)
- 267mg Sodium bicarbonate (per 10 ml
- 160mg Calcium carbonate (per 10 ml
How Gaviscon Peppermint works
Why change what’s worked for over 30 years? You can enjoy relief from heartburn today with Gaviscon’s most iconic formulation.
It all starts with sodium alginate. Refined from brown seaweed harvested from the shores of Norway, this effective formulation acts as a barrier against discomfort and provides instant relief.
When the sodium alginate comes into contact with the irritating gastric acid, the alginate becomes a “raft”. It forms a protective barrier over your stomach contents, stopping acid from rising and soothing the burning sensation in your chest.
In short? You get fast relief from those unpleasant sensations that both heartburn and indigestion sufferers know so well.
The Gaviscon formulation does not enter the bloodstream. It’s a safe and effective product that’s free from gluten - with Gaviscon Peppermint Liquid containing no sugar at all.
As a second line of protection, sodium bicarbonate and calcium carbonate act as antacids, countering the problematic acid in the process. The protective barrier lasts for up to 4 hours.
For fast and effective aid, Gaviscon Peppermint has you covered.